Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant – Public Accounting
- Support clients through all five phases of their business cycle: Expansion, peak recession, trough and recovery
- Work directly with business owners, presidents, and key personnel
- Solve complex problems in the areas of accounting, tax, payroll, finance, and management
- Use accounting data and analytics to develop strategic business advisory plans
- Answer client accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Prepare and review business and personal tax returns
- Join a team that is committed to your professional development
McClarigan CPAs & Advisors is growing and is looking for a skilled Senior Staff Accountant with a focus on business taxes. CPAs & Advisors is a proactive firm of accountants and consultants providing financial services within industry and service specialties. We provide services in a highly personalized manner to quality clients who value our expertise.
Our Ideal Senior Staff Accountant
- Experienced: Must have 3+ years’ experience with preparing business taxes. BA degree is preferred, but candidates with equivalent experience will be considered. Public Accounting background strongly preferred.
- Insightful: Understands the meaning behind the numbers and can explain financial statements. Able to plan ahead.
- Inquisitive: Unafraid to ask questions. If something seems “off” or the numbers do not line up, a detective-style approach is required to get to the bottom of the issue. Must have a desire to learn from teammates, learn from clients, and pursue professional development.
- Accurate: Able to work with minimal mistakes and a high level of accuracy. Must be organized and detailed. Able to ensure compliance with deadlines/due dates.
- Team-Player: Humble enough to admit mistakes, driven to do excellent work, strong interpersonal skills.
- Dependable: Our clients count on us to meet important deadlines, be on time for meetings, and provide sound recommendations. Overtime is mandatory during tax season. Must have a reasonably clean driving record & pass a drug test & background check.
- Friendly: We offer personalized service and our down-to-earth friendly approach allows us to build long-lasting, trusting relationships with our clients. We serve many businesses in the Anabaptist Community.
What we offer our Senior Staff Accountant
- $50-65k Dependent on Experience
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement with a match
- Cellphone Allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Supportive, family-friendly workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition support for pursuing Masters Degree & support in obtaining your CPA
To be considered for our Senior Staff Accountant position, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.