QuickBooks Pro Advisor / Bookkeeper
QuickBooks Advisor / Bookkeeper
- Provide on-site training in QuickBooks Desktop & Online for small businesses in Lancaster & the surrounding counties
- Assist with transitions from other accounting software to QuickBooks
- Provide ongoing support and oversight for our client’s in-house bookkeepers/admin assistants
- Advise clients on how to better track information via QuickBooks and improve their efficiency
- Perform on-site bookkeeping looking for outside support
- Process payroll and payroll quarterly taxes
- Serve a variety of industries – construction, manufacturing, retail, etc.
- Support business owners by helping them understand the basics of bookkeeping, payroll, and accounting and ultimately keep the numbers in front of them to make decisions.
- Work directly with clients in their offices.
- Advanced bookkeeping using QuickBooks Desktop and/or Online (AP/AR, reconcile accounts, inventory, customize templates and reports, etc.)
- Pay Sales/Use taxes
- Ensure that the client’s books are clean, accurate and ready to go to the accountant at the end of the year
McClarigan CPAs & Advisors is growing and is looking to add a skilled Bookkeeper/QuickBooks Pro Advisor to our team. This person needs to have exceptional bookkeeping skills, expertise in QuickBooks Desktop & Online, as well as the ability to teach others. McClarigan CPAs & Advisors is a proactive firm of accountants and consultants providing financial services within industry and service specialties. We provide services in a highly personalized manner to quality clients who value our expertise.
Our Ideal Bookkeeper
- Experienced: Must have 5+ years’ bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks, including payroll, AP/AR, account reconciliation, etc. Quickbooks Pro Advisor certification strongly preferred. Able to navigate QuickBooks Online & QuickBooks Desktop.
- Insightful: Understands the meaning behind the QuickBooks set up and numbers and how they relate to financial statements. At times, clients’ books are not accurate, and part of the setup process may involve uncovering and correcting past bookkeeping errors.
- Accurate: Able to work with minimal mistakes and a high level of accuracy. Must be organized and detailed. Able to ensure compliance with deadlines/due dates.
- Adaptable: You will work with multiple clients each day, and each client will have unique needs and preferences. Being able to shift gears from one client’s office to another is critical. Roughly 75% of your time will be spent out with clients.
- Teacher: Able to patiently help business owners and/or their employees with various skill levels understand basic bookkeeping principles. Provide ongoing oversight, instruction, and correct mistakes.
- Team-Player: Humble enough to admit mistakes, driven to do excellent work, strong interpersonal skills.
- Dependable: Our clients count on us to ensure their books are in good order, and taxes are paid on time. Must have a reasonably clean driving record & pass a drug test & background check.
- Friendly: We offer personalized service and our down-to-earth friendly approach allows us to build long lasting, trusting relationships with our clients. We serve many businesses in the Anabaptist Community.
What we offer our QuickBooks Pro Advisor / Bookkeeper
- $40-$50k Dependent on Experience
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement with a match
- Cellphone Allowance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Supportive, family-friendly workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
To be considered for our QuickBooks Pro Advisor / Bookkeeper positions, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.