Bookkeeper - Accounting Services
Bookkeeper – Accounting Services
New Holland, PA
- Flexible Schedule of approximately 35 hours per week
- Provide bookkeeping services for several small business customers
- Serve a variety of industries – construction, manufacturing, retail, etc.
- Support business owners by helping them understand the basics of bookkeeping, payroll and accounting and ultimately keep the numbers in front of them to make decisions.
- Work directly with clients in their offices
- Advanced bookkeeping using QuickBooks Desktop and/or Online (AP/AR, reconcile accounts, inventory, customize templates and reports, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Processing Payroll, tax deposits and payroll quarterly taxes
- Pay Sales/Use taxes
- Ensure that the client’s books are clean, accurate and ready to go to the accountant at the end of the year
Accountable Bookkeeping in New Holland, PA is growing and is looking to add additional bookkeepers to our team. We have openings for both “On the Road” bookkeepers to work in our client’s offices AND “In House” bookkeepers to work in our office using QuickBooks Online and Desktop. We support small business owners in Lancaster County by providing bookkeeping, accounting and payroll services. We build trust-based relationships, promote accountability and integrity in order to help small business owners focus on their definition of success.
Our Ideal Bookkeeper
- Experienced: Must have 3+ years experience of bookkeeping with QuickBooks including payroll, AP/AR, account reconciliation, etc.
- Insightful: Understands the meaning behind the QuickBooks set up and numbers and how they are related on a financial statement. This is not just a data entry position.
- Accurate: Able to work with minimal mistakes and a high level of accuracy. Must be organized and detailed. Able to ensure compliance with deadlines/due dates.
- Adaptable: You will work with multiple clients each day and each client will have unique needs and preferences. Being able to shift gears from one client’s office to another is critical.
- Efficient: Can stay motivated and make sure all tasks are completed promptly. Clients are billed by the hour, so they trust us to be efficient in our work.
- Team Player: Humble enough to admit mistakes. Drive to do excellent work. Strong interpersonal skills as well as contributing ideas to our team.
- Observant: Can notice trends and oddities in the numbers. For example, that an expense category is doubled from one month to the next or fluctuations on the statements.
- Dependable: Our clients count on us to ensure their books are in good order and taxes are paid on time. Must have a reasonably clean driving record & pass a background check.
- Problem Solver: Must be able to think “outside the box”, the answers are not always in front of you.
- Clear Communicator: Must enjoy learning and helping others learn. May involve the set up and training of clients and every client is different and uses different features of QuickBooks.
What we offer our Bookkeeper…
- $18 - $19 p/h to start with raises based on performance
- Flexible schedule
- Additional Hours in January for completing year-end work
- Paid Time Off
- Simple IRA
- Company laptop & cell phone
- Mileage reimbursement
- Supportive, family-friendly workplace
- On going training and professional development opportunities
To be considered for our Bookkeeper positions, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.